Well, I took a big step tonight. I bought a new airbrush a few days ago, and I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to try it out. Finally, this evening, I loaded it with paint and went to town on a piece of paper.
A few things I’m learning:
- Compressed air cans are for the birds. No control over the pressure, and they run empty very fast. This will end up being a very expensive way of airbrushing, despite the up-front cost of a compressor.
- It takes a steady hand to keep control of the brush, but it’s not as hard as it seems.
- This isn’t as hard as it looks, but it does take some practice.
- I need a compressor.
- It’s a bit awkward brushing straight down on something. Shooting straight ahead would probably work better.
- Purple is a nice color.
- Did I mention I need a compressor?
Well, I’m still totally horrible at this, but at least I can see a path toward not being quite so horrible, then only moderately terrible, and maybe, some day, many, many moons from now, possibly being remotely close to mediocre at this…
No pics this time. Maybe next time.